How to Fix Firestick Remote (Complete Guide 2023)
Are you anxious about how to fix firestick remote? By resetting you can fix the firestick remote. The inability of your remote to carry out commands is one of the most aggravating things. The Firestick TV remote is not an exception, but these errors occur more frequently than you may imagine. You’ve found the proper site if the Firestick remote didn’t work.
Your streaming experience can be entirely ruined if the Firestick’s remote control malfunctions. In some circumstances, it can imply that you are completely unable to switch on your television. Determining when your Fire Stick remote unexpectedly stopped functioning can be challenging.
How to download firestick remote
Inform us of the firestick remote download process. Every Fire TV device will nevertheless be able to use this manual. This is the most widely used streaming device on the market because of its inexpensive cost, ability to jailbreak, and many other features. Simply search for the software in the relevant app store on your Apple or Android device.
- On your device’s home screen, select Search by hovering your cursor over Find.
- After typing “Firestick,” select the first result that appears.
- Out of the Apps & Games menu, select Firestick.
- Choose Get.
- That after installation is finished, click Open.
- Now I’m done! You’ve previously installed the app on your Firestick remote.
- Take advantage of hundreds of free movies and TV shows on your Firestick remote!
How to fix the firestick remote
To fix your Firestick remote, try the following techniques.
Replace the batteries
It may seem like this is too easy to be true, but stick with us. Despite its diminutive size, the Firestick consumes a lot of power anytime you push a button. And that adds up over a year.
To remove the batteries and swap them out for new ones, remove the battery cover from the back of your Firestick remote.
Ensure that the remote is within range
Instead of using infrared, a Firestick’s remote Bluetooth is Enabled. The remote must be near the Firestick to function, even if you don’t have to point it directly at it. With no obstructions in the way, the maximum connectivity range for the majority of Bluetooth devices is approximately 30 feet.
It’s important to get as close as possible if the remote isn’t working because the Bluetooth reach for Firestick remotes varies; some can reach 30 feet while others can only achieve a distance of roughly 10 feet.
Detach and reattach the remote
If batteries are not the problem and there is no obstruction in your way, you might need to re-establish your remote’s link to the Firestick. That might work if you unpair the remote and then pair it again.
- Press and hold the Home and Return buttons for 10 seconds to unpair the remote.
- Press and hold the Back button for 10 seconds to re-pair the remote.
How to open the firestick remote
The remote controls for the new Fire TV Stick are a little bit different from those for earlier models. To reach the battery compartment, you used to slide the backing up. Now you slide it down. The removal procedure is essentially unchanged other than this minor modification.
Slide the backing of your Fire Stick’s remote until it is entirely detached before opening it. After that, reassemble the remote by sliding the backing upward and adding fresh batteries.
The Amazon Fire Stick remote’s battery cover may be removed.
- Find the tiny recess at the back of the remote by flipping it over.
- Hold the remote control vertically this time, with the top side facing your direction.
- Apply moderate pressure with your thumb on the upward-facing indentation.
- Push and pull the back cover until it comes out.
- Place two AAA batteries inside by lifting the cover.
- Slide the cover down to snap it into place after repositioning it.
How to change firestick wifi without remote
Since its release, the Amazon FireStick has been more and more well-liked for its portability and usefulness. There are several reasons why cord-cutters adore the FireStick, including It offers up a world of online streaming, is straightforward and attractive, and is simple to set up. Also, you can bring it when you travel abroad because, unlike cable, you can store it in your backpack.
No matter where you are, you can enjoy streaming on your FireStick as long as you’re connected to a TV with an HDMI port and Wi-Fi. You’ll usually be connected to your home network. But, you should probably use the FireStick remote to configure the new Wi-Fi if you’re using it to connect your FireStick to either a new wifi router.
When you don’t have a remote at hand, you can connect your FireStick to Wi-Fi using one of two methods. Let’s examine them both closely.
A firestick immediately connects to the most recent Wi-Fi connection it was using. Let’s say you moved, changed the Wi-Fi connection’s password, or are on the road. In that situation, the gadget won’t detect the internet connection and won’t work properly.
You must choose the appropriate Wi-Fi network from the settings and enter the password to connect it to the Internet. Imagine, though, that your remote is broken or that you can’t find it. You can use the Fire TV App on another smartphone or an HDMI-CEC Remote to connect a Firestick to WiFi without a remote. Another way you can change firestick WIfi,
- Download and install the Fire TV app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Open the app and select the Firestick device you want to change the Wi-Fi network for.
- Tap on the “Settings” tab in the app.
- Scroll down and select “Network” from the settings menu.
- Select “Wi-Fi” and then select “Change network.”
- Choose the new Wi-Fi network you want to connect your Firestick to.
- Enter the password for the new Wi-Fi network and select “Connect.”
How fix firestick remote? In the above, I show you some simple tasks to fix the firestick. Change the batteries and replace new ones you can easily fix the firestick remote. Streaming gadgets like the Amazon Fire TV Stick are getting more and more popular as more people cut the cord. When it’s functioning properly, the Firestick is an excellent tool.
The remotes used by the Fire Stick and other Fire TV devices differ slightly from those used by most other devices in your home. Determining why your Fire Stick remote suddenly stopped functioning can be challenging, but these seven troubleshooting suggestions should be useful.